Monday, July 6, 2009

Mt Dora Moon

"You cannot amputate your history from your destiny. But I'd like to add....your history doesn't have to be your destiny." - comment from the blog Boobs, Injuries and Dr Pepper

In my history, so many times I've looked at this very moon with the kind of heartache that sears through your chest and leaves a hole in your back. In those wrenching moments I didn't believe I could possibly live through the night yet so many years later by the small busy little waves near the lighthouse in Mt Dora I stood with my head tilted in the same way, looking at it, feeling sad, knowing that sad is not a way of being, not for me, not anymore, and that I would live through the night. Sad is now a process, a feeling, and time will have its way with that. Tonight this moon will set, the sun will rise in its place. I know today that I have a say in how I live in my destiny. Not what that will look like, but how I will live in it.

And I have that moon to light my way when it gets dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment